I am not gonna lie. These past 48 hours were really rough for me.
We spent all night and all morning making plans for our arrival in Spain, under the assumption that we would make it on the next flight out. I was getting pretty excited getting our itinerary together, except for the fact that there were no more cheap flights left from Barcelona to anywhere else we wanted to go. But it all came to naught as the flight to Spain came up and we did not make it on! Aaaagh!
But there were a few flights a few hours later that were heading to Germany (Ramstein) so we figured we had a decent chance to get on one of those... except for the fact that the terminal was filling up quickly with too many people and making me nervous about our chances! After a brief nap in the terminal, I looked at the screens and saw them being chanced. Suddenly, one flight to Germany was completely canceled and the other flight went from 19 seats to a big fat ZERO!
Well, now what? I went up to the counter to ask them how the forecast was looking for tomorrow. It turns out there was only one more flight going out that night but it was to the one place (Spangdahlem) I had refused to go because it is so out of the way of where we want to be! But the next day (Sunday) did not have any good prospects, besides Spain but we saw how well that went and nothing is guaranteed, so I figured we should just take whatever chance we had to get out there or we could end up like some of the people at the terminal who had been waiting for flights for DAYS!
So, we took the hit and signed up for the flight... and we made it! So, that left at around 8pm.. or 9 or 10, I am not sure because I was so tired and ready to sleep. I had been up all day trying to get myself onto Europe time and had been doing pretty well. Now all I needed was some sleep on the plane!
But that was not meant to be...
The plane ride was pretty terrible. It was much more loaded with cargo than our last flight so space to sleep was very limited. At first, the plane was baking hot! Then, a little bit after we got off the ground, it was crazy cold!! I found a spot to sleep on the ground and it was literally like trying to sleep on a block of ice. It was that hard and that cold! So I slept some but it was very interrupted and I was seriously shivering some of the time. I could not wait to be back on the ground and end my journey in the ice box and start my journey in Europe!!!
But I cannot write about that now because I am about to get kicked off this computer and they will not let me post pictures at this place so until next time, this is it for now!!!
Sunday, June 6, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Be glad that you got out of Dover when you did. I am still sitting here waiting on our plane to be fixed which was also supposed to go to Spangdahlem. It has been down for 2 days. Another flight that was supposed to go to Ramstein took off, almost got to cruising speed and then had to turn around due to smoke in the cabin. Its been rough. Im glad you guys were able to go when you did!
okay this is all you have to complain about!!!! what kind of person are you! i mean geesh!!!!! (rolling eyes) seriously though...i am glad that you guys took the next thing out. especially after this angela chick posted about being stuck there.
Post a Comment