Monday, June 23, 2008
Trials of the Military School Girl
So, I called BYU Hawaii this evening and explained my unusual situation and how I'd like to continue to my schooling there this Fall and not have the move interrupt my educational goals. The lady asked me how many credits I have taken and I said 100 (including this current semester). Yes, folks, 100 credits! She sounded skeptical but it is true. I explained that my credits reflect the changes in my life - how I have had to work toward one school and then the next due to this unstable military life which affords me little chance of ever making concrete plans. She then explains that I would be automatically rejected by the school because they do not accept students transferring with more than 90 credits under their belt. She seemed a bit understanding of my circumstances, however, and I will be calling another person at the school tomorrow to discuss my options further. I'd almost rather drop all my current classes, get the W's and thus be able to go to BYUH, but hopefully they will work with me! What a tumultuous road this has been for me all to get that piece of paper! Aggh!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Okay, that totally sucks. I hope there are other options and if it's worth it drop those classes or just don't transfer over the transcripts from another school. Ya it sucks that you'd have to repeat some classes but they'd be easy repeat clases and you could finish at BYUH. I will keep my prayers up for you that the right way will come your direction.
Post a Comment