So, I tried to be hip and do the blog thing but apparently my hipness has its limits. My blogs have been boring and infrequent. Truth is, my life is just not very exciting. I think it's a must for children to be involved in order for a blog to be worth reading - my kid did this and my kid said that, how funny, how cute. I'm not bitter, trust me. I'm perfectly content with my boring kidless life right now. I think I'm sort of like Chemish in the Book of Omni. Everyone has a blog. Everyone is doing a good job at it. Don't have anything to add myself so ... word.
I substituted for my husband's youth Sunday School class today as he is in Colorado with his dad. I started out being frank and disciplinary then ended the class by bawling my eyes out. Though probably awkward for the class, it was an awesome experience for me and much needed. After a long dead winter, I felt my Spirit awaken in me and I am renewed. Thanks, Nick, for letting me teach that lesson.
I spent my third year as a leader at Girls Camp this last week. I made some new friends but had a lot of regrets afterwards about all the things that I didn't do. I wish I could go back and do a lot differently but I guess we have to pick up the things we learn and move on to apply them for later experiences. In the mean time, I'm planning a post-camp YCL party as some mad attempt to make up for all my mistakes at camp. Live and learn but I'm very glad I went. I think it definitely contributed to my spiritual awakening.
Sunday, June 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment