Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Day 30 - Europe 2010

Today we went with the Bakers to a little nearby town called Ely.  Myriah really wanted us to go to a tea room and do the tea thing so we could experience some true English culture.  I never even drink tea so I didn’t know what to order!  I asked the waitress for suggestions and I was really happy with her recommendation.  I don’t remember the name of the tea but it had a sweet almond flavor and was so good I had about three cups!  Yum!  The food was great too.  I had some toast with mozzarella and we also some very yummy biscuits, or scones as they call them, with raspberry jam.  It was really a fun experience and neat to do something of the English culture.

We didn’t see too much of Ely but it’s a small town and the tea room was the main event.  We went back to the Baker home for a bit and Jason made some amazing pizza for us!  I was bummed I wasn’t more hungry otherwise I would have been able to eat more!  And how nice to not have to find a place to eat dinner!  Yay for a home-cooked meal!

In the evening, we went to the base to watch Toy Story 3, which I was very surprised they even had already since a lot of the American films don’t get to Europe until a few weeks after their release in the states.  Anyway, although the theater was small and a bit too hot, I did enjoy the movie.  It was very cute and I even got a little choked up at the end.  Amazing how a story about living toys can make you care enough to cry!

We came home and watched another movie before going to bed.  Again, it was a slow and relaxed day which was just fine for us weary travelers.  Just to have our own room with a decent bed and no full schedule to wake up to was very refreshing.

PHOTOS:

Myriah enters Ely with purpose!


Someday, Riley, you can be as big as me.


On to the Tea Room for a true English experience!


Jason attempts to stay manly while stirring his cute cup of tea with his cute little spoon.


Myriah is happy to be here with in the tea room.  Jordyn, however, is trying to come to terms with the tea cup.


Meanwhile, Riley finds another use for the beaded doily and attempts to look penitent.  Nice try.

No comments: