In the evening, we all went back to the base where they were having Independence Day celebrations. Today is actually the third of July but I guess they figured they would have a better turn out on Saturday than on Sunday. And it was pretty ironic anyway to be celebrating Independence in England. Ha ha, you guys lose!
Anyway, they had a mini-carnival set up there and Riley sure had fun going on all the inflatable slides and stuff. I think they need those for adults because I kind of wanted to join him and I know Nick did too. Nick went on a ride with Jason, one of those spinny types that I said “no thanks” to. Sure enough, both of them got off the ride looking a little dazed and could only say, “That was crazy.” Yep, glad I was only the photographer.
Nick and I did do the scrambler together. I was laughing and enjoyed it until I noticed that the bars of the ride were digging into Nick’s leg and all the while I am putting more pressure on it by jamming into him from the force of the ride. He kept saying it was fine, which was completely unconvincing since he had a huge grimace on his face. Meanwhile I am trying to keep off of him to relieve some pressure but the force is too great and my efforts are in vain. So I was happy when it was over. I knew before going on that he looked too big for the ride but oh well.
Nick saved the day at the carnival, by the way. We met one of the Bakers’ friends and she was talking with Myriah when she started unknowingly swatting at a huge bee buzzing around her head. Every one of us saw the bee but Nick was the only one concerned enough to suddenly jump forward and start swatting at the poor woman’s head!! We were all just laughing that he was so gallant and that the lady must have been rather perplexed at this random large man suddenly attacking her head. It was good fun and luckily no one got stung.
We watched some fireworks after that, which were just so so. I was just taking pictures the whole time and laughing at the kids behind me. They kept saying, “WHAT THE???” when fireworks would go off and it cracked me up. The best was when a kid, not sure if it was Riley, was saying, “That’s the biggest one I’ve seen in my LIFE!” and then when the next one went off, “That’s the biggest one I’ve seen in my LIFE!” I guess they just kept getting bigger and bigger!!
We went home and it was pretty late by then so everyone went to bed. It was a good fun day. I really enjoyed playing games and we had a good time at the carnival, though it sure turned from warm to chilly really quick! Brrr!
PHOTOS:
As we head to the Independence Day Carnival, Jordyn shows off her patriotism and her smile too.
Here is Riley on his way down the slide. Looks fun!
Jason and Nick, not knowing the full extent of the craziness ahead of them.
Now they know.
Riley tried out the bungees but he was a little too light to do much jumping. It looked liked fun.
See all those little black dots all over that carnival prize. Those are called wheat bugs - I think - and they are everywhere and they are really annoying! Nick was wacking them off my head all evening at the carnival. Better than cockroaches I guess.
A look at the carnival at night. It was very small with just a few games and rides. No one was going into the House of Terror. Sorry guys, not gonna pay for that.
Let the fireworks begin!
"That's the biggest one I've seen in my LIFE!"
"WHAT THE???" *head explodes*

1 comment:
very funny to celebrate the 4th in England. and you shouldn't be mocking air force base obama budgeted fireworks. they are doing the best they can do. :-)
Post a Comment