Saturday, September 6, 2008

Here We Are in Hawaii!

Well, as usual, some time has passed since I have been able to post. In my defense, however, I have had quite a whirlwind of events. The entire summer was filled with travel, school, work, and everything associated with moving oversees. After a vacation in my home state of California, we arrived here in Hawaii last Monday and have been running around like crazy trying to set everything in order.

We knew we wanted to enjoy the island life in a convertible. We were lucky enough to find a 2004 Chrysler Sebring with very low miles and at a very good price. Now we only await the arrival of my Honda Civic and we'll have our transportation in order.

Finding a place to live has proved challenging. It'd be nice to save money and also nice to find a place which would allow us to bring our dog, Marley, over here. We have been looking in one particular area which is very central between Nick's work and my school but the pickins have been slim, especially with our criteria. We do have a very good prospect in the works but are waiting to hear if we will be chosen. It is a high stress situation to be living in a hotel an hour away from school with the burden of house hunting upon your shoulders but I have been a good girl in keeping up with school work as best I can and making sure to get a good night's rest.

I am taking six classes at BYU Hawaii. It's a fun place to be, but I feel very old here. I swear I am the school matriarch even though I am only 25. Unfortunately, I am not too thrilled with many of my classes but I expect to do well. I have a ton of reading and writing to do so it will keep me busy. As we have no printer (all our stuff is being shipped here and will not arrive until October), Nick and I have been frequenting the BYU library for our school needs and here I sit.

Well, I need to get back to my homework. Until next time...

4 comments:

The Big Tortilla said...

I'm sorry you have to poop your pants among such young-uns. Life hasn't been the same without your awesome YCL parties and talking for hours on gmail chat. (sigh) But I guess I have to move on.
Leah

Silly Teacher said...

regale us with more tales of the island..culturally and otherwise. We miss you!!!

Anonymous said...

well, I don't know what you are complaining about. I am so jealous. (i'm just teasing you about complaining). Hey, I was 25 when I was there. Who you callin' old. I miss that place. I miss living in the library (I had to live there as well because Brett failed to tell me you could rent a computer for an entire semester for 25 bucks) anyway, I know you'll have a blast there and I am missing it more not that you are there.

shannonel said...
This comment has been removed by the author.