I had my second ultrasound this afternoon, after one week of injections.
Two days ago, I had my first ultrasound and we could see that my eggs were growing quite nicely. I was thrilled to see so much activity and the doctor agreed that I was having a "great response."
We still see a good amount of follicles progressing, about 25 or so. But we have about 12 follicles that are really soaking up those hormones and taking the lead. At this point, I could end up getting 10 eggs or I could end up with 30. We won't really know until the day of my egg retrieval, after it's all said and done.
What really shocked me was to see one follicle much larger than the rest. While the other follicles were measuring around 11 to 14 millimeters, this one was measuring at 18 millimeters! That's how big they get when they release, or when we get them out at egg retrieval! We have one anxious baby in there!
My ultrasound video is right here. Click ahead to 2:40 if you want to see the one follicle showing a little bigger than the rest. That's my baby in there! Crazy, right?
That big follicle made me a little nervous, of course. I don't want that little bugger to release on his own before we can get him out of there. Maybe that's my winner embryo in there! The doctor agreed and we decided I should go home and immediately take my Cetrotide injection, which will stop any eggs from releasing. We also decided that I should come back sooner than later to check how things are progressing. So I will be returning tomorrow, Sunday afternoon.
My egg retrieval was originally scheduled for Thursday, October 1st. But I have a feeling it will be a day or two earlier since things are progressing so quickly. My uterine lining is building up fast too, which makes sense since I have all those follicles producing estrogen. That's a lot of estrogen! It's going to be fun to see what happens these next few days and how it all plays out!
I'm still feeling very calm. I continue to keep my expectations low and I suppose I've gotten so used to this roller coaster ride that it really doesn't phase me anymore. For me, this is what making a baby is about. This is my normal.
Keep an eye on the blog. Things are getting real and happening fast!
Saturday, September 26, 2015
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Wow this is like a thriller exciting movie. I am so eager to get the updates
Post a Comment