Friday, June 27, 2008

Happy Birthday to Me!

Well, it's my birthday today. I had planned to throw myself a big party but as this week is midterm week, that put a lot of stress on my already stressful plate. So I opted to cancel the party and have a stress-free birthday instead. Unfortunately, that took all the anticipation and excitement out of my birthday so I lacked that usual euphoria which accompanies this special day. Nevertheless, all I really wanted was a day without anything going wrong - no cars breaking down, no physical injuries, etc. So, I got what I wanted - today has been a perfectly normal, perfectly fine day.

The big present was from my wonderful husband, Nick, who spent a small fortune on a very nice, very compact Canon video camera. It was definitely what I wanted and I am very excited to use it. So, stay tuned for some videos! I plan to use the camera to keep people updated on what is happening in our lives, especially as we move to the faraway island of Hawaii, assuming I figure out how to use it, of course.

2 comments:

The Big Tortilla said...

Hey, It's Leah. That kind of stinks that you had to cancel your party. But how'd yo do on your midterms?

The Big Tortilla said...

new URL: www.thebigtortilla.blogspot.com
Leah