Saturday, April 24, 2010

A Pretty Awesome Day

First of all, it was sunny. We have been having such crappy weather over the past few weeks - wind, rain, clouds, blagh! I was starting to feel like I wasn't living in Paradise anymore. But finally the sun decided to peak his head out and I jumped on the chance to hit up the beach!

I got myself three hours in the sun. It was much needed and highly enjoyed. I talked to my mom on the phone, read a book, napped, watched happy people and happy dogs, and waded in the cool water. I even had a little crab visit me on my towel. Aaah, this is the life.

Then I looked down at my thighs and realized that although they were getting browner, they weren't getting any thinner. So I picked up my stuff, headed home, jumped into my workout clothes and went for a run. I was really short on time because I had a class to be at in only one hour! I learned that is one way to keep you running - go right before a meeting or a class because you can't afford to slack off or you'll be late!

I got back with only twenty minutes to shower, throw on some clothes, whip my hair together, touch up my face, grab my books and get outta there. I came in about one minute late. I didn't miss the daily quiz but I may have been marked absent. If you are not there when he takes roll right at 2:30 then you're absent. Freakin' Nazi teacher.

After school, I came home to find Nick gearing up for some P90X! I considered joining him but decided I didn't want to be broken for four days again, not to mention I had already exercised. Enjoying the irony of it all, I ate a cup of ice cream on the couch while Nick grunted and writhed in pain doing AB RIPPER - so appropriately named. His face contorted in ways I had never even seen so I grabbed my camera and got a few shots. It was highly entertaining and Nick now anticipates being unable to rise from bed tomorrow. I guess I will have to treat him like an invalid for the next few days.



An update on the Europe plans: After some comments from others on facebook (Hi Bro Prestwich) we started looking into seeing Europe by car. The more we thought about it, the more it sounded like a better plan - go when you want, where you want, and stop when you want, where you want. Not to mention we can keep our stuff in the trunk when we visit the cities rather than hauling all our goods with us all day everyday on our backs! So we may be doing the driving thing.

On the list of things to do tomorrow is apply for passports and look into international drivers licenses! :D

No comments: