Monday, May 31, 2010

Wow! So close!

So, we are only a few days away from our departure date.  The last few days have been kind of lazy.  I guess we're a little planned out (not to mention the weather and beach have been enticing) and I have this suspicion that our trip may give us some unexpected twists and turns.  I suppose I feel like we already have our skeleton plan put together but still have plenty of breathing room for whatever comes up while we're there.

So at this point, I'm really just trying to decide on last minute details to our skeleton plan (getting from A to B) and the biggest issue yet unsolved is lodging.  I must have been out of the loop with the hostel thing because it turns out hostels are much more expensive than I anticipated.  Even the cheapest ones are around $60 a night for Nick and me.  That adds up after so many days.  So I am searching, searching, searching for the best deals and hoping for a miracle.  Just because we're saving money on getting to Europe doesn't mean I wanted to spend a fortune when there.

And then I still have my exam to worry about when I get home.  Nick and I looked at Sony E-Readers and Kindles and all those digital reading knick knacks and I just felt like they were too expensive on top of everything else we're buying for this trip.  So I just looked for some reading material that I could pack along with me.  I was able to find a decent looking American History book and my friend still has her World History textbooks from her college courses so I do have something to study from.  I'm not a huge fan of carrying the books around but it will have to do.

Nevertheless, I am still nervous as heck about it.  Not only the exam but the student teaching on top of it.  I don't want to go into my student teaching while still in the process of winding my head back on my neck after this trip and a half.  Somehow I will have to find the energy to study while on my trip and find the focus to get everything together when I get back.  I will definitely need some blessings to keep me running straight and strong.

So, here's to the next few days of planning and here's to our getting to Europe in a safe and timely manner!

2 comments:

kylie said...

i cant wait to see and hear all about your travels.

much love! (p.s. you forgot to visit teach me in may...so hurt!)

Andrea June said...

I know! So sorry! I have been so busy with planning this trip! But, hey, we did visit in the office a bit. :D