Monday, September 10, 2007

National Grandparents Day

So, yesterday I found out was grandparents day. Luckily I had given my mother a call and she just happened to be at grandmas house. Am I just a terrible grandson, or are there others out there that had no idea this day even existed? I marked my calendar so I remember next year to give my grandma a phonecall. In case anyone else is interested this day falls on the 1st Sunday after Labor Day.

Grandparents are so awesome! I think its great to have a day for grandparents since they are such a wonderful influence in our lives. If our grandparents have passed away then this day would be a good time to remember them. Grandparents don't get enough credit so I think this day needs to be advertised more. This is my plug for it.
You're the best grandma in the whole wide world! We love you grandma!

1 comment:

Clark Hathaway said...

You're so right Nick. I didn't know my grandparents on my Father's side, but did on my Mother's. My grandmother especially was a great example to me in so many ways. She had a great sense of humor and loved to play the piano and sing with family. Fortunately, I have a lot of recordings of those times.

Thanks for sharing - I didn't know about grandparents day!