Monday, May 31, 2010

Final Print

This was my final print for my printmaking class.  It took me quite a long time to make and was a huge process.  It also turned out a little differently than I had planned but my teacher told me that that was the essence of printmaking - "planned accidents."

I had intended for her to look as if she was kind of sweeping away in the wind.  The textures were supposed to be soft and grainy.  Well, it is a very particular process to make those textures and I loosened up after the twelfth attempt at getting it exactly the way I wanted.  So I got something different but I am still happy with it.

Some say she looks like wood and others say she looks like fire.  So instead of air I got wood and fire.  Okay, I'll take it.

1 comment:

Curt, Julie, Claire and Andrew said...

That is an amazing picture. I am always in awe at your talent! Have fun and good luck on your trip to Europe! I am jealous and you will do awesome with all the other stuff you have to do. Te pup!