So I am in a printmaking class. Sadly, it is my last art class. Not only have I enjoyed my art minor and the fun art projects but I've made some good friends. There's a group of us that all ended up in the same classes each semester and we've sort of formed a little art class clique. And I'm glad. There's nothing more fun than making art and chatting with friends at the same time.
Anyway, printmaking is kind of a process. It's a little more work than I'd like as far as producing art, though I guess all art takes time. But with printmaking you really have to have vision. You have imagine what your print is actually going to look like if you use certain designs and certain strokes. I keep having to remind myself, for example, that the print will come out opposite of what I designed, or a mirror image. It turns out fine most of the time, except in the case of Carrie today who had written something on hers and ended up with backwards letters. Doh!
Well, one of our assignments was to do a multicolor print and I was looking for some inspiration while sitting at home in my living room and my eyes looked up to see our beta fish. Hmmm... that could look cool. Well, here is where I lacked the vision. I drew it out and it looked neat but as an actual print, I was pretty disappointed. It's just hard to tell that they're fish, really, and I don't think the colors worked well. Darn.
But I still have the blocks and maybe I'll experiment with some other colors? Anyway, I still like my black and white, kind of scary chick. It's a start.
Tuesday, May 4, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
You are amazing!
I think they look like fish, and I like them.
Post a Comment